Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Get Fit Project Rules

1. All healthy natural food is allowed
2. All sugars must come solely from the whole foods eaten (fruit)
3. No more artificial sweeteners (yes, this includes gum)
4. Continue with my running, but include more consistent weight training
5. No alcohol (except on my birthday and Christmas) for 3 months or 20lbs less, whichever comes first.
6. Watch the caffeine (have decaf or herbals teas only)
7. No crap food, not even as a “treat” or “I will have just a little taste”
8. Educate myself as much as possible on the food I am eating
9. Provide comic relief to myself and others via this blog
10. Inspire, share, and learn from other readers & followers of this blog (thank you everyone for your comments, ideas, and support).

Most people who read this blog are not new to dieting, working out, trying to lose weight, or eating healthy, so already we know the things we should and should not be doing. Already I know what foods to eat, I just need to make the effort to prepare them and make it consistent. It is really worth taking the time to educate yourself as you eat 4 to 6 small meals a day. let’s say you are like me and eat 6 times a day.
6 x 365 = 2190
2190 meals a year.
Now, it is definitely worth learning some recipes and how to make good healthy balanced meals.
I am sure by now all of us know the basics, work out, eat healthy, drink lots of water, get lots of rest, and laugh with your friends (happy is good). So, if we all know what to do, how come some of us are still struggling with getting in the shape that they want to be in? Well, I know why I am, so these are my rants and confessions, what started this whole bitchin’ blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment