Thursday, June 17, 2010

Oh yeah, work on that body image!

I recently read an article titled “What I wish I knew when I was younger” god, how awesome would it be to know all that you know now when you where younger? How different our lives would be! Most of the article had a lot of good advice from a plus 50 year old woman telling the twenty-somethings of today (wear sunscreen, try new things, be financially savvy, etc...) but there was one major item left out: To eat healthy food and be active. If I knew then what I knew now, I would never have consumed the amount of hotdogs and orange pop I did when I was a kid.

Anyway, I am not here to bash the article, rather to promote my favourite part of the article:

“You are at least ten times prettier than you think you are. That holds true no matter how pretty you already think you are! Don't believe me? Ask your mother/auntie/grannie if she thought she was pretty when she was twenty. She'll say, "no." Then find a photo of her at that age. See what I mean?”

How true is this statement? What I think all my friends are gorgeous and have great bodies, but I am sure if you ask them they would tell you exactly what they hate about their body, and what they wish they could change. Stupid society drowns us daily with photoshopped/airbrushed/professionally make-up-hair-done-designer-clothes-wearing woman. And most of us have an unrealistic vision of beauty. Take a lot at these pictures:



So, really, if these ‘fake’ photos were not around, would our level of beauty be so high? Remember, even though we stress about what we eat to be healthy, working out to stay fit to tone and have a rocking body, there are certain things we need to accept about our body, this I am realizing as I enter my 30s and those good damn eye wrinkles get bigger, they belly is always looking pudgy, learn to accept your own beauty, and don’t pump toxic hormones into your face!

Article I read:  http://lifestyle.ca.msn.com/real-life/inner-you/ymc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24372313

No comments:

Post a Comment