Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy 1 year anniversary Fit Bitch Blog!

Wow. A whole friggin year. Can you believe it? I just went back to my very few first blog entries and had a little read fest, first I laughed a lot at myself, then I realized how much I slacked off on my “weekly” progress reports. I guess once I hit that infamous weight loss plateau, I decided posting the same weight every week would make for a boring progress report.

Now the YEAR progress report (OMG are you excited or what?). First, let’s look at the Fit Bitch Project Rules which were posted on Nov 15, 2009!

1. All healthy natural food is allowed.
Duh!

2. All sugars must come solely from the whole foods eaten (fruit).
Check! (Well, except for sugars from wine and special “treat” nights...which after a year are no longer 4 times a week and more like twice a month, sigh!)

3. No more artificial sweeteners (yes, this includes gum).
DONE! Gone are the diet pops, large coffees with splenda. All artificial sweeteners have gone, and I have had exactly 6 pieces of gum in one year and I had to have them because my breath was rank.

4. Continue with my running, but include more consistent weight training.
Done (even completed a 10k HOLLLAH!)

5. No alcohol (except on my birthday and Christmas) for 3 months or 20lbs less, whichever comes first. Uh, I half-ass did this one.

6. Watch the caffeine (have decaf or herbals teas only).
Whoops! I forgot about this one. I love coffee and have about 1 a day.

7. No crap food, not even as a “treat” or “I will have just a little taste”.
Hmmmmmm, this one was done better than I anticipated. For the record, ‘crap’ food is all fake, processed, mass commercially produced food (chocolate bars, pop, frozen pizza, you know the drill) I give myself a B+ on this one.

8. Educate myself as much as possible on the food I am eating.
Totally! I am Ms. Food Knowledge now.

9. Provide comic relief to myself and others via this blog.
:)

10. Inspire, share, and learn from other readers & followers of this blog (thank you everyone for your comments, ideas, and support).
Yes! I have received comments from readers that have made me laugh, given me ideas, support, I have even had a few comments and emails from readers that have made me cry! (I know, who would have thought I had feelings from the way I write and criticize?) Thank you everyone for your support.

OMG are you ready? Are you on the edge of your seat? Ahhhhh. I can’t believe I am going to post my freaking weight on the damn internet!  Total weight loss in 1 year, by just eating really healthy, no processed food, nothing that has added sugar or un pronouncable crap:  30 pounds.

Start Date: November 15, 2009

Height: 5’7”
Weight: (I just threw up in my mouth when I looked at this!) 180
Measurements: Bust:41 (yay) Waist: 40 (boo) Hips: 40 (also boo)
Pant Size: 13/15
My bridesmaid dress size I wore last November: 14!

Today! Nov 15, 2010
Height: still 5’7”
Weight: 150
Measurements: Bust: 37 (boo) Waist: 32 (yay) Hips: 37
Pant Size: 7/9 (EEEEK)
My wedding dress size: 8!

What’s that? Wedding dress? Yes, newly engaged and getting hitched in May 2011!

So I now need to hardcore it up because regular goal weight range is NOT wedding day goal weight range. Those pictures are going to be with me forever, just like any other pictures are, however people expect you to look your best on your wedding day. And these are not just any wedding pictures, but beach wedding pictures! You bet your ass I want to look DAMN good in a bikini on my wedding day and honeymoon. Duh!

So now? It’s time to TONE TONE TONE! Weight gone, flabby skin still there? If people who are 300 pounds can get a flat stomach than I certainly can....right?

Here is hoping! Year two of The Fit Bitch Blog! Tone that butt, flatten that belly, and will that upper arm jiggle ever go away?

We will see....Wedding in 6 months! New goal to strive for!

6 comments:

  1. Congrat's!!!!! Congrat's!!!!! I can't believe it's been a year...I check in daily/weekly to see any new posts and laugh almost everytime.

    I have a little challenge for all those fit bitches out there. Do 100 Burpees and time yourself. Someone I know has done it in 8 minutes...so far I have done only 50 before giving up....I'm stretching for 100 soon.

    Congrat's on the engagement as well...you are going to look fantastic on your wedding day! No DOUBT about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will try it. I may throw up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! It's been a wonderful year reading your blog. Wish you good luck and great posts from you are awaited. Can you recommend some good Indian recipe's though? It's fun to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    I only have one indian recipie that I use. But I agree, so fun to eat! I will find a few good ones and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!! What an accomplishment, so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete