Monday, September 27, 2010

You need a fit healthy happy body.

Well, as you know, most days I enjoy making fun of the work people in my day to day life, making fun of their excuses, their reasoning for eating shit-food, their constant complaining about being fat while they eat KFC and don't dare move an extra inch. The one 'reasoning' I hear more often than anything else is someone saying it’s OK to do something—as if you are being rewarded, know what I mean? When there is crap-bad-for-you-but-taste-so-good-food in front of you? Here are some examples:


"It is OK to Splurge once and a while"

"You deserve a treat"

"Come on, let lose for one night"

"One cupcake won't kill you"

"You're on Vacation"

"It's your Birthday"

"It's my Birthday"

"It's Christmas"

"It's Thanksgiving"

"It's Easter"

"It's a new moon"

"It's my second cousin's neighbour's son's old college roommate's best friend's dog's birthday, eat up!"

The excuses and reasoning go on and on. But when you think about it, why is it that we regard crappy food as a "treat"? Why would you choose to 'splurge' on nothing but fat and sugar? Because this is what has been drilled into our heads from a life time of "it is okay". I still hear people say this to me, and usually I fight back with some smart ass remark such as 'Oh, I am a healthy eater, so I deserve to eat your apple pie with ice cream because I deserve to be fat?" The other day someone at work offered me a donut (go figure) and I of course said no, (but in my head I said "no you can have my donut as your right ass cheek isn't fat enough") she then said "perhaps if I didn't eat so many donuts I would look fit like you"

Awwwww Shucks!

I responded "yes, if you eat healthy and stay active you would definitely be fit".

She shrugged and grabbed a SECOND DONUT, saying "I have had a rough week".

Why!!!! WHY!!!! Why are our brains sabotaging us with such ridiculous statements? A friend of mine has always said "nothing cures a shitty day like a good workout" and she is 100% right. You have a bad day, you eat crap, you feel happy for the few seconds you eat the crap, and you then feel guilty. OR you have a bad day, you go to a rocking work out and sweat that crap-day right out of your system, letting your exercise endorphins bring you happiness, you then feel satisfied, and better about yourself. Let’s face it; the majority of us have jobs that cause us pain, whether it is stress, overworked, underpaid, donut pushers, etc... Many times it is easier to go home and drown your sorrows in a bottle of wine and some BBQ chips, but this is what fat unhappy people do. Not super awesome fit bitches! So the next time someone gives you the "EXCUSE" to eat crap food, remember that you are awesome and don't NEED their food. You need a fit healthy happy body.



You do not need crap food. You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body.

You need a fit healthy happy body!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment