Monday, December 13, 2010

Maintain don't gain!

Is December a write off for everyone? I guess my brain thinks that since I have lost weight I can just eat a bunch of Christmas goodies and not work out.

Last December, I completed the amazing feat of actually losing weight over Christmas (I know right? Unbelievable!) . This December my main goal is to maintain and not gain. I have already been to 3 Christmas parties, I have a fourth one tomorrow, diner and drinks with clients, loads of chocolates everywhere in the office, Christmas is in less than 2 weeks, the new years? Oh my gosh!
I feel like a bear getting ready for hibernation, and I am not quite sure what it is about bread and cheese that makes me lose control of my motor skills, but I have had enough fat and carbs to last me all of 2011. It’s cold and dark out when I get home, I just want to sleep by the fire and eat pot roast and potatoes, not come home and run outside and then have a cold salad and grilled fish, that’s for the summer!

So, back to the motto for the holidays, maintain, don’t gain! Which means it’s almost inevitable that I (and most humans) will over indulge over the holidays. Soooo work out a little more, do that extra ten minutes of cardio and those extra reps of weights, go for that extra incline on the treadmill, and definitely throw in some high-intensity-all-out-speed-crazy-until-sweat-comes-out-your-eyes-burst-of-cardio.

Don’t get fat over the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment