Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So why the long hiatus?

Well, it started as a wedding/honeymoon vacation from working. Two glorious weeks in the Mayan Riviera where I married my best friend of eight years (tied the knot beachside surrounded by family and friends) and had an amazing vacation filled with fun, adventure, relaxation, and lots of food and drinks!

So when I left sunny Mexico, arriving home to blasé weather, I felt pretty ho hum and it took a while to get back into the swing of things and snap out of my mexicoma. After dragging my ass to boot camp, hot yoga, and the gym, my energy levels still were not where they used to be. Also, I my sense of smell was unusually heightened, and all I wanted to eat was fruit for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I guess you can guess where I am going here? PREGO! Right, well how efficient of me to get knocked up on my honeymoon.

So we all are aware of how hard it is too eat healthy and maintain a clean diet normally, well try doing that when you are pregnant. Apparently the general public (my office at least) thinks that I am growing a 200 pound man in my uterus and I should be eating a pile of food hourly. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard “ah, you’re pregnant you can eat whatever you want”, “you get nine months of non-dieting”, and the famous: “you are eating for two now” (no, I am eating for me and a mini little me, not me and a Patriots linebacker).

Don’t even get me started on the comments you get when working out when you are prego.

So fast forward to today, after a not great pregnancy, a not ideal delivery, I have a sweet little baby girl (note: must tone down bitchy ways and stop dropping the F bomb) and a pile of pregnancy weight to lose. Am I back to square one? Kind of, at least I know I can do it and I don’t have to relearn everything.

Standing in one of my best friend’s wedding in July, can I lose a million pounds by then? (Weddings are my motivation apparently.) Here we go again….

1 comment:

  1. Lovely wedding photo. And congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete